Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sweet Home

Alabama! We had a wonderful time on our trip. It was one of those vacations that exceeds your expectations. The cabin was great, secluded and just what we were hoping it would be. Better than reading what I have to say, I'll just post pictures!

Here is our cabin.














This is MK at DeSoto Falls. She was too brave for my comfort. She wanted to run all around and jump everywhere. We've lived too close to sea level for too long. I am a bit of a flatlander.













Mk will not ride rollercoasters for anything. However, after visiting this hang gliding launch, she is begging to go hang gliding. Uh, no...but she is determined to do it when she turns 18.













MK and I took the underground elevator down about 20 stories to visit Ruby Falls. It is hard to believe that they even found it but it was something to see. While we explored, The Big Man and T. Willy found a park and had fun too.













Here are the falls at Little River Canyon from an overlook.

















Same falls, a little closer.













And MK standing at the top of the falls. They haven't had a lot of rain so you could just walk right out onto them. Some people were picnicking on them and others were swimming in places that still had water.













The Big Man and T. Willy at the top of the falls...my heart was beating a little bit fast.













T. Willy and the Big Man eating hamburgers on our last night.













Mk and me eating hamburgers too. Does it look like my hair is smoking?













It was the best vacation we could have asked for. We did lots of driving (okay, the Big Man did lots of driving) and lots of exploring. We visited Chattanooga and saw some new things there. I hope your week was just as fun!

3 comments:

Chellie said...

Those pictures are AWESOME! I am so glad you had a good time. The cabin looks so fun.
Hang gliding!? She's crazy!!! :) I'd ride any roller coaster before that! haha

Bridget said...

Great pictures!! It sounds and looks like you all had a great time. I am right there with MK, I have always wanted to hand glide.

melissa said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful! Savannah and MK would get along famously. Savannah is so shy and quiet, but she is deffinitely our thrill-seeker! You look wonderful,btw.!