Thursday, June 21, 2007

Whew

I'm back. Only one week left and school is OVER!!! I cannot believe it.

I have spent the last two weeks tutoring. The girl I'm tutoring is a sweet, sweet girl and I have enjoyed it so much. She is from Honduras and has lived in the US for a year. She is bright and cooperative and I am really going to miss her. It's been a good experience. Now just two projects and 4 days of tutoring left...do I seem a little bit eager?

My parents arrived on Tuesday with my niece. She used to be such a tomboy but not anymore. She has realized she's a girl and MK is having such a great time with her. Her name is Alyssa which T. Willy used to pronounce, "La." Now he is calling her Miss Alyssa. I'm not sure why, we really aren't formal people, but it's cute. Tomorrow we are taking a trip to a state park in Ponce De Leon to swim in the cold springs there. Our neighbors went yesterday and told us about it. The girls and my mom spent the day at the beach, so this will be a change. I enjoy the beach but prefer fresh water.

My dad will leave on the 26th to play in the Senior Olympics in Kentucky. My mom and niece will fly with T. Willy, MK and me to Delaware on July 2. We have busy days ahead of us and couldn't be happier. I hope you're feeling the same way!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

melissa said...

YAy! School's almost finished!!Tell Alyssa that Savannah says "hi". The springs sound lovely. Also, what is your dad competing in? Sounds like your summer fun is really about to kick in. Enjoy it!

Bridget said...

It sounds like you have a busy summer also. It's nice to hear from you again.

Emily said...

Congratulations with finishing up school! You must feel like such a weight has been lifted! WTG!!

Enjoy all of your comings and goings this summer with the family!

And wish your dad luck for us! HOW COOL!

Chellie said...

that is so awesome!
Way to go.. but it feels great!
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your summer.