Thursday, April 05, 2007

Winding Down

When I began this blog, I was about to enter graduate school. I was very nervous and the end seemed very far away. Can you believe the end is almost here?!?!?! Graduation is one month from today...incidentally, so is MK's birthday. It is sort of anticlimactic. I won't officially be finished until July 1, because I have a practicum to complete. But the end is in sight and it feels great. I have four big projects to complete but two are with partners and the partners are very ambitious, so the burden is shared. I just really can't believe it. I also applied for a job, contingent on finishing school. If it works out, I'll tell you more.

My nephew is flying down on Saturday to spend his Spring Break with us. We are so excited to have him. He is flying into New Orleans where the Big Man's family lives so we're going to give him a little tour of the area and then go to my in-law's church Sunday. Then we'll come back here for the week. It has been really warm but is supposed to turn cool this weekend. Hopefully it will warm up enough for us to take him to the beach. I think he would be a bit disappointed to fly this far and not go swimming. He will turn 17 while he's here, too, so I'd love any suggestions about how to celebrate with him.

Speaking of swimming, that is something we were able to do earlier in the week. MK has been in twice, but I just braved it once. So I'll leave you with a picture.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

That is wonderful about graduate school. Good for you!

I was going to say.. take him to the beach and a restaurant on the beach. Just being there is great, even if it turns chilly.

Your daughter is a beauty. Kids love to swim and they seem to handle the cooler water temps better than we do! :)

melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I don't know how you manage to juggle it all.

As per your nephew.... He's 17?show him the beach and pitch him the car keys!!

Love the picture of MK. Our girls are growing up so fast!