Monday, April 10, 2006

Pickin' and Grinnin' (An ode to Buck Owens - RIP)

Okay, this has nothing to do with Buck Owens or music. After dropping MK off this morning at school, T. Willy and I went strawberry picking. He didn't actually get to pick because I wanted to be allowed back there again, but he sat in his stroller and played while I picked. I picked about 7 pounds and then we came home and enjoyed a few while I cleaned the rest of them. We have been in desperate need of rain and finally got some on Saturday so I thought today would be a good day.

Saturday was the 90th anniversary of our little city. They had planned a big celebration and wouldn't it figure that it rained for the first time in months? They still held it between downpours. We went toward the end and it was pretty much wrapped up. But we had fun looking at different booths and saw one of my former students. He is trying to get on the police force and was there helping out. He is a great kid (man really- gulp) and it's so nice to see him pursuing his dreams.

Today is my nephew's 16th birthday. Time goes so fast! One of our friends is being induced today so I will easily be able to remember Mallorie's birthday. So Happy Birthday to Benjamin and (if it goes quickly) Mallorie!!! That also means that T. Willy turns 2 one week from today! I really need to get out of the habit of thinking of him as a baby...he is growing up!

No comments: