Monday, December 27, 2010

So....

This year we planned something different. We made plans for the kids to visit my parents in Delaware, and this year I was going to stay back in Florida. This was to be the first time they've flown without me, so we made reservations from New Orleans to get them a direct flight. I would drive to NO, and take them to the airport, then drive back to Florida.

The kids were supposed to fly out yesterday, but due to the weather, their flight was cancelled. At least they'll get to see snow, I told myself. So we rebooked them for today, and the Big Man was off work, so he was able to drive us. I checked the flight status multiple times, and it was looking good. We arrived at the airport optimistic that they would fly out. It wasn't to be. While we waited in line, the flight was cancelled.

But, I hope I'm always able to teach my kids to make the best of situations, and we viewed it as an adventure. We went to lunch with the Big Man's brother and family, and the kids and I went to a movie. We have a lovely place to stay, and we're very hopeful that they will fly out tomorrow and salvage what is left of their trip.

So here are pictures of the kids at the movie.

No comments: