Saturday, September 04, 2010

Like mother, like daughter.

I am posting a picture of MK with permission. There's a story behind it. However, in order to tell hers, I need to tell one about myself.

The Big Man and T. Willy usually leave the football games at halftime, because T. gets bored. That's what they did last night. So I stay and take MK home. That's what we did last night. Since MK has to get to the game so early, she's pretty hungry by the time we go home.

Last night we stopped at the Burger King drive-thru on the way home. I ordered and paid and they handed me the drinks...and I started to drive away. MK asked, "Where are you going?". I was about 2 feet from the window and realized I was driving away without her food. I tried to back up, but the people behind me had already moved up. So I was stuck away from the window without her food. And I started laughing. I mean laughing so hard that I couldn't catch my breath. The employee was able to reach the food to me, and he started laughing too. I think it's the first time I've ever done that, but I assured MK that it's only going to get worse. She didn't disagree.

So, here's her story. I took MK and two of her sweet friends shopping for dresses to wear to the Homecoming Dance next Saturday. We didn't have much luck shopping, but we had a fun day. We did find what we're calling a "backup" dress. MK likes it but doesn't love it. However, the price couldn't be beaten, so we bought it. She had just tried it on, and we were standing in line to pay for it when her friend looked at her and realized that she'd put her shirt on backwards. MK fell to the floor laughing, and I was able to snap a picture of it. I smile every time I look at it, and I hope you will too.

No comments: